top of page
  • Writer's pictureJohn Larrimer

Ohio Resident Manager Fired For Reporting Bed Bug Infestation Received $20,000

A resident manager working at S.E.M. Terrace, a nursing home based in Milford, Ohio, complained to the Clermont County General Health District about a failure to adequately remove bedbugs from residents´ living quarters. S.E.M. Terrace is owned and operated by the non-profit S.E.M. Villa II Inc., who fired the resident manager upon learning of his complaint.

Firing the manager violated whistleblower provisions of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. As such, by the order of a federal court, S.E.M. Villa II Inc. owes the resident manager $20,000 in wages. Chicago’s OSHA regional administrator stated, “A worker should never be at risk of losing their job for reporting health and safety violations and exercising their whistleblower rights.”

The ruling came with other provisions for S.E.M Villa II Inc.’s future operations. Firstly, the manager responsible for the resident manager’s termination was fired. Secondly, all negative records of the resident manager’s discharge were expunged. Finally, the non-profit had to inform all current workers of the rights endowed to them by OSHA.

I Have Noticed Unhealthy And Unsafe Practices At Work. What Should I Do?

Have you noticed unsafe practices within your company but said nothing about it, intimidated by the looming threat of termination? Our firm has been working to protect workers’ rights since 1929. We have the experience and resources to guide you safely through the complicated process of bringing your negligent employers to justice and ensuring that you receive the full compensation that you deserve.

If unsafe work conditions have resulted in repetitive motion injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, occupational lung diseases or psychological damage, contact us immediately to discuss workers’ comp. For a free consultation with one of our workers compensation attorneys, call us today at (614) 221-7548.

[Did You Know: Your employer must give or mail you a claim form (DWC 1) within one working day after learning about your injury or illness. Use it to request workers’ compensation benefits.]

Larrimer & Larrimer, LLC—Columbus Workers Comp Attorneys


29 views0 comments


bottom of page