top of page
  • Writer's pictureJohn Larrimer

How do I get paid after an Injury?

Workplace injuries can set you back

Work injuries don’t just hurt physically, they often have a lasting financial impact. If you are hurt at work and the injury prevents you from returning to full duty, you may be entitled to receive compensation while you recover. For injured workers who cannot return to full time work, the most common form of workplace payment benefit is called temporary total disability compensation (commonly referred to as “temporary total”).

Getting paid for your injury

Though your injury and disability may be clear-cut, temporary total is not paid automatically in the event of an industrial injury. Temporary total disability compensation can only be paid through an industrial claim allowed by the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation or certified by a self-insured employer. The rules for receiving temporary total disability benefits are complex and specific. Though some employers choose to continue to pay individuals who are injured on the job and cannot return to work, the employer can stop paying the injured worker at any time without penalty if the worker has not established a valid workers’ compensation claim.

It’s complicated…But we can help

The rules for qualifying for temporary total disability compensation can be very complicated. It often requires close communication between your doctor and a qualified legal representative. If you are hurt on the job and cannot work because of the injury, it is always best to seek the advice of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. It PAYS to have a firm like Larrimer & Larrimer, LLC on your side. We have fought for the benefits of individuals hurt on the job for almost 100 years. Contact us now for a free consultation.

30 views0 comments


bottom of page