The US Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has released its list of top ten most frequently cited safety violations in the United States in 2012. The list is released every year, and you would think that employers would pay close attention and be sure they are in the clear. However the list is pretty similar year after year. This year’s top ten are:
- Fall Protection—7,250 citations
- Hazard Communication—4,696 citations
- Scaffolding—3,814 citations
- Respiratory Protection—2,371 citations
- Ladders—2,310 citations
- Machine Guarding—2,097 citations
- Powered Industrial Trucks—1,993 citations
- Electrical/Wiring Methods—1,744 citations
- Lockout/Tagout—1,572 citations
- General Electrical Requirements—1,332
Most of these violations are serious and can result in catastrophic injury and death. Employers should ensure they are not in violation of these hazards, and take all steps to protect employees.
Please contact our firm for a free consultation of you have been injured on the job and need to file for workers comp.
Larrimer & Larrimer, LLC—Columbus workers comp attorneys.